Finale to PDF issues

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

pandorra
Finale Version: 2014d
Operating System: Windows

Post by pandorra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi - I'm using Finale 2014d for Windows. This may be an issue with PDF converters rather than Finale itself but if anyone has encountered it I'd appreciate hearing. I have concert band parts to print and items are tightly spaced on standard 8.5 x 11 pages. When exporting to PDF via Finale, items remain in place on the page but ultimately print from various PDF handlers (Acrobat 5.0 or Qoppa) with a margin placed around each page reducing its size by a few percent (tried this on Brother and Canon printers). However when printing direct to paper or to PDF using Distiller or Nitro the size proportions stay correct but music items on the page shift. The specific items that are shifting are tempo markings placed over multi-measure rests that push beyond their barlines into new rehearsal numbers and sections. It's probably significant that I'm unable to export an accurate graphic example of these instances - the jpegs are incomplete and off-center. Any suggestions?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:33 pm

There have been issues with the Finale PDF export since Day 1. Rather than use that, I would suggest that you look at one of the free or low-cost PDF convertors available on the Web. (Which I see you have done.) Try some others: PDF Creator and Cute PDF come to mind.

You might want to contact Tech Support on this.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

pandorra
Finale Version: 2014d
Operating System: Windows

Post by pandorra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks, miker, I'll check in with Tech Support.