Midi Interface

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:23 pm

I am using OMS for the MIDI interface. When I try and select the port in which to use, all I get is the modem and printer port. The problem is that the interface uses USB. OMS can't seem to find the interface. I know the interface is working because when I play a note on the keyboard, the light starts to flicker. So I need to know how to set up the ports on OMS and Finale. NOTE: I am using a G4 mac that doesn't have a printer or modem port. Any help would be helpful.

appyface

Post by appyface » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:03 pm

We use OS 9 and external midisport 2x2 to connect external yamaha keyboard.

Using OMS setup, we run the easy setup (2003a and 2004b versions of Finale), at first only modem and printer are detected, but then click the 'search' button and it finds the midisport and keyboard. We then click OK. And then go to MIDI setup and select the keyboard for input and output device for our channels (1-16 in our case). And also turn off 'internal speaker playback' on the menu.

In a finale document, we have to edit Instrument List and change the definition of instruments to use OMS and our keyboard, rather than output patch changes to general midi.

See if that works for you?
--appyface