Maestro Font isn't working!

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Skankinjedi22

Post by Skankinjedi22 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:12 pm

I downloaded Finale 2002 NotePad, and i keep getting a message that Maestro font was not installed, please reinstall notepad. So i did, and I still don't have the font! What should I do? or can someone tell me a link to get the font?

Vitality2k2

Post by Vitality2k2 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:59 pm

Hey, I had the same problem and been goin around for the past day searchin everything I could to fix it. installed,reinstalled, pain in the butt. So I went into the finale folder, found the "maestro font" file, and brought it over to the same folder as the executable (program) file, and it worked?!
Hope this helps with everyone

simple_user

Post by simple_user » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:11 am

I had the same problem, copying the files under font annotation to the folder fixed it. Thanks for the tip Vitality2k2 ! The developers need to look at the paths....

mtallanvor

Post by mtallanvor » Sun May 23, 2004 9:41 pm

the same thing's happening to me....tell me if i'm doing it wrong, i double click on font annotations, and i find maestro.fan , i right click that, and then i hit 'copy' and then paste it into the folder 'Finale Notepad 2004'

and then i load the program and it does the same thing. any other ideas?

SoapyX

Post by SoapyX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:09 am

My teacher got me a copy of Finale 2002 for use over the summer, and I used to have Finale NotePad 2004 on here. So I put 2002 on before getting rid of NotePad. I screwed around a little bit, printed out the stuff I needed from 2004, and got rid of it, then reinstalled 2002. First, it wouldn't play. So I reinstalled it, and it played. But only if it was in Jazz font, which drives me insane.

I tried to do what you guys did and take Maestro.FAN from the CD (I hope that's what you were talking about) and putting it in 2002's "Font Annotation" folder, but that still didn't work. It just gave me the letter "a" instead of a treble clef... What am I doing wrong?

Bok Choi

Post by Bok Choi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:36 pm

Hello all--I just went to the Finale homepage and downloaded the Finale Viewer FontPack (Windows)...fixed the problem.

jayeloveya1981

Post by jayeloveya1981 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:30 am

I know first hand how frusrtated this can be. But I figured it out. Maestro is probably not working because it's not anywhere in the SYSTEM FONT folder. This is the folder the has new times roman, arial, courier, .......basically the regular fonts you would use in microsoft word. What I did was, I went to the control panel of my system. If you click on the START button in the bottom of your screen, you can get to it. You'll see where you find the access to user accounts, adding or removing programs, your audio controls,etc. On the toolbar that's located in the top of window, you'll see the back and foward buttons, the search option, and folders. Click on "folders". Go into you Finale folder, and go to Font Annotations. Highlight every font you see because you going to have to manually copy them to your system's font folder. Once you highlight all the fonts, put your cursor (pointer) back to the place where you initially cliked on your Finale folder. Scroll until you see CONTROL PANEL. If there is a + beside it, click the plus sign (if you click the word "control panel, the window will change and you won't be able to drag the fonts you highlighted). If there is a -, you should see a folder that says "fonts." This is your system's font folder. If you still have your fonts in Font Annotations highlighted, you can literally drag them to the system's font folder. If you do this, you may see something that says the font can't be copied. Just go ahead and click the ok button.........your finale fonts are still automatically installed into the system's font folder. After you do all of this, open a piece of music you've been working on and click the options button at the top of your piece. Click "Set default music font". All you have to do now is click on Meastro, and you should be up and running.

I hope I was thourough. Happy composing.
[/i]