Sound card related issues when docking / undocking

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bbshoparr
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by bbshoparr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm having issues with Finale 25 (Win10) hanging when the active sound device is changed. This happens when I switch from a session where my HP laptop is docked to undocked mode. In docked mode, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my sound device; undocked, it reverts to the internal laptop sound card (Conexant ISST). It also happens in undocked mode if I go from using the laptop speakers as my primary playback device to headphones (or my headphones become slightly disconnected).

The behavior typically is that I can see a pop-up in task manager, which I presume says that the sound device has changed, but I cannot bring focus to that window, no matter what I try (clicking, tabbing, etc.). I end up having to bring up task manager and kill the process. I also use Finale 25 on a MacBook, and I don't have this issue there.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

bbshoparr

Post by bbshoparr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 pm

FYI -the reason that Finae 25 "hangs" is that I get a pop-up window that flags the "audio engine" error. The problem is, I cannot bring that window into focus, regardless of what I try (including trying to do so in task manager). I've tried to simply kill that process in task manager, to no avail. I eventually have to kill the entire Finale process tree through the task manager (since I can't close the window due to the audio error blocking access to Finale). Help!!

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 pm

You might want to send that in to tech support. Go to the Finale website, log in to your account, and use the Submit a Request link.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

bbshoparr

Post by bbshoparr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:56 am

Will do -thanks