Program is slow and crashes

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

knjloughman

Post by knjloughman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:31 am

I use Finale 2005. The program seems to take longer to load than in the past and has been crashing frequently. Interestingly, the program becomes more sluggish after I've used it for a few minutes. One more symptom: the sound cuts out and I have to restart the program to get it to work again. Sometimes, while in playback, it will get hung up on a pitch, forcing me to restart the program. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks, KpL

crig

Post by crig » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 pm

some info on your system specs would help. you might need to upgrade.

knjloughman

Post by knjloughman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:18 am

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 with a Celeron 20 GHz processor; 256 MB of RAM; 18.5 GB HD; and I'm running XP pro. I'm not sure I can upgrade this machine much.
When I first installed this version of Finale, everything worked great for several months. One of the most annoying problems is, after ten minutes of working in the program, it reloads all the notation with every new entry. It gets progressively slower until I can't stand it any more, then I close and restart the program.
Any thoughts?

ClarelynnRose

Post by ClarelynnRose » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:29 pm

I'm having a similar problem. The screen is taking up to a full minute to refresh after something as simple as adding one note or changing the zoom!

I've noticed this problem, which makes the program virtually unusable, on the pages of my score that are very busy. And it only just began, after the file got up to 10 pages of scored music (full orchestra).

My machine also should handle this program without problem. It's a new PowerBook: 1.5 GHz processor, 512 MB SDRAM, 74 Gig hard drive.

Clarelynn
Clarelynn Rose