Finale Lag Issues

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Mofegren
Finale Version: v27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Mofegren » Mon May 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Hello there Finale Forum! I have a situation that has been bothering me since I bought the program 3 years ago. For some reason, despite all my best efforts, the program runs terribly on my computer. The issue that is happening is that whenever I scroll along a score in Finale, the screen moves along at about 5-10 frames a second. It doesn't matter how extensive or sparse the score is, the frame issues occur regardless.

I have a pretty high-end computer, with 24 gigs of RAM, a GTX 1070ti GPU, a Ryzen 7 2700k CPU, 1 tera of SSD and 4 tera's of HDD, and my primary monitor runs at 240 Hz, as well as an audio interface, Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and amazing Sennheiser headphones. I find it hard to believe my computer can barely run a program like this.

As I said before, this issue has been bugging me for a while. It has been a issue before I upgraded my GPU, CPU, obtained a new audio interface and upgraded my hard drives. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have tried moving the Finale folder from my SSD to my HDD, and vice versa, to no avail.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon May 02, 2022 5:08 pm

Something is definitely wrong--much lighter-weight computers run Finale just fine. You might try this:

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... inale-etc-

or perhaps a re-install of Finale. I would experiment with MIDI/Audio -> Device setup -> Audio setup -> Audio driver.

It nothing helps, create a support ticket with MakeMusic.

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:31 pm

If you upload a page from a file, I will be happy to examine the document and your settings.