Metatools would not work with dragging

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

juicedelemon
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by juicedelemon » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:32 am

Hello List,

I vaguely remember doing this regularly about a month ago, so if this doesn't exist please tell me. When I select tools that have metatools (I will use articulation tool for example), usually I can press the key (eg a for accent in artic. tool) and then drag the mouse. This would apply that element (accent) to the notes. But recently it would only delete the elements (eg accents/stacc in artic. tool) no matter if I am pressing the key, as if the delete key is pressing. I also remembered that a table would show up if no keys were pressed when dragging and this didn't show up either. However, I can still click the notes individually with metatools.

Anyone have any ideas about this? I tried different keyboards and still persists.

Thanks

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:06 pm

It works as you described: hold the "A" key and drag the mouse and it applies the articulation to the highlighted notes. Drag without selecting a metatool key and it brings up the "apply" window for the selected notes. Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem. Perhaps reset preferences?
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

juicedelemon
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by juicedelemon » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Welp it worked all of a sudden!

I guess "Computers fixes itself" is a very true statement