Dorico

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

musicus
Finale Version: Finale v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by musicus » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Hi-

I'm thinking of adding Dorico software onto my hard drive which would be in addition to my Finale v26.
It would be for simple keyboard input, quantization and simple notation. Are there any known issues with installing and using Dorico, for example, that would have a negative affect on Finale? I rely on Finale. Thanks.

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:53 am

No; there's no problem; the only overlap is that Dorico also includes FinaleMaestro, Finale Jazz, Broadway and Ash. There shouldn't be any differences between version of fonts currently. If there are any problems with fonts, you might need to reinstall the Finale fonts, which you can do here:

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... nformation

(Ironically, MM provide SMuFL data files for their text fonts, which makes a mess of the "Music Fonts" list in Dorico, by including the Text fonts in the list.)

You can also use ARIA Player and the Garritan sounds in Dorico. I've made some Expression Maps for Dorico here:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/dorico-e ... /158064/43
musicus wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:10 pm
Are there any known issues with installing and using Dorico, for example, that would have a negative affect on Finale?
You might use Finale less...? :lol:

davidson02
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by davidson02 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:12 pm

musicus wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:10 pm
Hi-

I'm thinking of adding Dorico software onto my hard drive which would be in addition to my Finale v26.
It would be for simple keyboard input, quantization and simple notation. Are there any known issues with installing and using Dorico, for example, that would have a negative affect on Finale? I rely on Finale. Thanks.

Whoah. You will definitely miss the finale. :) click me