Finale NotePad installer error "invalid file handle 5

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

tobyrne

Post by tobyrne » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:09 am

When I install I get to about 50% and it gives me this error. Anyone know the solution to my problem? Thanks.

iannis

Post by iannis » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:11 pm

tobyrne-

What NotePad are you trying to download? What system are you using?

Have you tried downloading the installer again?

Ghostsong
Finale Version: Finale NotePad 2012
Operating System: Windows

Post by Ghostsong » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Okay. I know that this is much past 2007, but I can't find a solution anywhere else. I have been trying to download Finale NotePad 2012, and I have tried about 7 times. It keeps coming up with the "invalid file handle 5" error. I was able to avoid the error by clicking the "OK" button quickly, but then when I went to go run all of the things in my folder, it wouldn't start because the font package was missing. Yes, I have restarted, taken down my firewall, and a bunch of other things. I am currently on Windows 7 Home Premium, just in case that helps. I know that I could use the Noteflight website, but all of the other students in my upcoming music composition class say that Finale NotePad is 10 times better. Has anypne found a solution?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Are you able to download any of the other demos (printMusic, SongWriter, or Finale?) This might help zero in on the problem.

BTW, you (and all of the others in your class) will very quickly tire of NotePad's limitations. Possibly, by the end of the first week! I would strongly suggest that you skip the lattes for a few days, and buy SongWriter, instead.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society