leopard upgrade and now finale2008r1 problems

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

hermanding

Post by hermanding » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 am

yesterday i upgraded my Mac Pro Quad to 10.5 leopard. afterwards i couild not get any mac software updates which i was looking for because there has already been a 10.5.1 update. so last night with only 10.5 installed, finale2008r1 which is leopard compatible was working fine. i was putting in notes on a 400 bar file and the file would auto save fine and i could save it myself fine.
this morning, some Mac gurus said the inabiolity to get software updates was connected to the account name and administrator functions assigned on the Mac. to get in the mac software updates, i had to add another administrator name to the list and i got rid of the one that did not work. then, i could get the software updates fine.
BUT..... when i went to finale, i noticed that the program options for it like how often to autosave, what hard drive to put the .mus files, etc. had gone back to their defaults -' which i assumed was somehow tied to the original user account in Mac that i deleted. so i put them back in and started working on this 400 bar file again. after 5 minutes when the auto save started to save, it would not do it and gave me this message -
While attempting to access ¨-TemporarySaveFile¨the File Manager reported an error
This also happened when i tried to save it manually. so, i can save nothing, which means i am at a standstill.
i tried to aiuthorize finale2008 again by reloading it but there authorization wizard does not come up. i went to the finale site and signed in and tried to authorize it there but it seems to be authorized already.
in the process, i also went to garritan and pulled in the kontakt 2.4.2 which is leopard compatible. with all this, still, no file will save.
anybody got any ideas?? :D
ding
ding

LazyAngel

Post by LazyAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am

Wow. Glad you got a response....I just had the same problem.
Bumping this old topic, can someone help?
Thanks.
Mac OS 10.5.4 | Finale 2009b