Garritan playback problem in Finale 2009

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Tom Ryan-Hirst

Post by Tom Ryan-Hirst » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 am

It seems every version of Finale has at least one quirk. Since installing 2009 both on my iMac (1.83 intel) at home and my eMac (1.25 G4) at work I've run into a problem with the playback of the GPO Single String samples.

The problem is Finale (or the new GPO player) seem to be transposing the string sounds to unpredictable intervals. Sometimes they play right, sometimes not. Strings, of all things where no transpositioninterval is even a factor! Sometimes only one "instrument" is transposed to an odd interval sometimes more than one. On at least one occasion (just now, and the impetus to post here) the second violin part is playing an inversion and my passage in parallel fourths winds up counterpoint! All other instruments appear to be fine and when I switch to the Soft-Synth sounds the string problem is "cured".

Any notions as to what on earth is happening here? I get the exact same issues on both machines. I am working on an older file that was started in 2008 and then saved into 2009. I have thought that there might be a problem with having switched out of the Kontact player which always gave me highly unpredictable and sudden changes in string dynamic levels. I was quite pleased that this is no longer the case, but....

I'm going to try creating a new template and putting in the data from clip files just as an experiment.