Blue Screen with Windows XP (fin 2003 and fin2004)

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wstuhlma

Post by wstuhlma » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:21 pm

Since I don't get any answer from CodaMusic's tech support, here the problem: Finale crashes just every time I start up Finale and hit the Speedy Entry Botton. I just got a new computer (P4 3.2 GHz, XP Home), with Windows 98SE I had no problems whatsoever. It must be some kind of compatibility problem, Finale 2003, 2004 and 2004a behave just the same. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Stu

Post by Stu » Tue May 04, 2004 2:26 pm

I've just had a similar problem with Sibelius 3. I got a Blue Screen of Death after installing Sibelius on my Windows XP Professional system (with all updates). Eventually it gave my hard drive a stroke and I had to re-install everything. Before it had the stroke, I got a tip to reduce hardware acceleration to none on my soundcard. That seemed to help, but the playback was terrible, so I started experimenting with trying to have hardware acceleration without crashing, and then the whole thing went belly up. You can set your acceleration to none through the control panel and then advanced on the soundcard settings.