2 Diagonal separation lines between staves

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

floross

Post by floross » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:18 am

Hi,

I am wondering how one can get those double separation lines between staves in order to make a full score more legible... :?:

Thanks!

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:49 am

floross wrote: I am wondering how one can get those double separation lines between staves in order to make a full score more legible... :?:
Hi,

I assume that you mean these double oblique lines under a system when there are several systems on one page.
A simple solution would be to use the text expression tool, and its shape designer, to create two shapes : one for two oblique lines for the right side, another for two oblique lines for the left side. That will take very little time, and you can save the shapes as a library, to include in all your templates.
When you put them in your score, attach them to measures.
I'm sure you thought of that method. I would not use articulations nor text for this purpose, a shape seems more adequate (unless someone comes up with a more direct or more elegant solution).

Now, as you don't want these lines to appear on parts, just on the score : in text expressions, create a new staff list in the "measure expression assignements" dialog box, name it something like "bottom score", unckeck everything in the left window 'score, parts" and only check the box that says "bottom score staff" on the right.

Again, having customized staff lists for expressions (saxes only, tp only, brass, top score, bottom score, etc...) is convenient, I like to have them in my templates.

By the way, I heard a really nice arrangement of yours played by the Brussels Jazz Orchestra. :wink:
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

floross

Post by floross » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:18 pm

Hi there, too! :shock:

Thanks for the comment about the Brussels Jazz Orchestra. It's a truly beautiful band, too!

About the systems divider I found something great:

http://www.jwmusic.nu/freeplugins/index.html

Look under Score System Divider! :roll:

dan1937

Post by dan1937 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:51 pm

You already have the character for that if you have the Engraver font on your system -- in Windows, it's Alt-0187.

Good luck!

Dan :)

dan1937

Post by dan1937 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:53 pm

You already have the character for that if you have the Engraver font on your system -- in Windows, it's Alt-0187; enter it in a text block.

Good luck!

Dan :)

iandberg

Post by iandberg » Thu May 20, 2004 2:16 am

I was browsing the posts and this caught my eye.
What I do for this is create a text block and type the character for the 2-slash tremolo articulation. Right-justify the marking, and in the text attributes box, specify it for as many pages as needed (works well if your systems are fairly uniform throughout the score). Attaching something to a measure can be a bit of a pain if you have to shuffle bars down the line. My 2-cents.

Ian