Almost certainly a bug...

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Tomposer

Post by Tomposer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 am

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate bug.

(Using Finale 2010, with HP activated for playback, Garritan sounds and Aria player as bundled with Finale.)

I've almost completed a piece. For my own compositional reasons, I decided to cut/insert a segment from a preceding spot in the piece, so that the piece is now a corresponding number of bars longer. In making these changes to the composition, several subsequent bars, which happened to have trills and hairpin dynamics, I have moved further forward (because of said inserted bars).

When playing back, however, the automated HP trill and dynamic effect remains in the same bar number, despite my moving their bars of origin further forward!!

For example, say bar 15 had a trill, and I moved the contents of bar 15 to bar 20 due to an insertion of 5 bars of new material prior to bar 15, well, bar 15 retains the trill playback, regardless of its new content: thus, whatever notes are in 15 get trilled, even though no trill is graphically present.

What's more, I've found it impossible to delete the effect from that bar: Eg, clearing the bar, deleting the bar, etc, does not remove the effect, so long as there remains a bar 15. The only workaround I've found is to create a new staff and use selective copy to transfer the part, and delete the whole original staff. This is quite bothersome... :x

Also, this problem has only occurred late in the process - I have made many such changes (copying/pasting trills and dynamics etc, throughout the process) but only lately has the problem manifested. Furthermore, I recall something similar happening when I was using Fin 09, but I never did anything about it.

Has anyone else experienced this?