Cant use playback in the middle of the piece

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

stevanbias

Post by stevanbias » Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 am

I can playback, but I can not choose where I want to start the playback nor can I play a specific measure. Every time I try to change measures during playback it jumps to the beginning. And I can see all playback options and tools.

JamesGarcia

Post by JamesGarcia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:46 am

Just hold down the spacebar and click on the measure where you want to begin playback. It will automatically start playing from the point you click. You must click on the score again to stop playback. Hope this helps.

rschneeweis
Finale Version: 2012 PC
Operating System: Mac

Post by rschneeweis » Wed May 28, 2014 5:54 pm

I am having this same problem, however, holding spacebar and clicking a measure does not work... for this particular piece.
I am normally able to either spacebar-click, or enter the measure I wish to start playback from in the playback controls box. However, for this particular piece, it will not work.

The only unique thing about this file is that I copy-pasted all of the notes from a file saved on an older version of Finale (much older - 2002?). Could this cause this problem?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed May 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Possible. Have you tried clearing MIDI data from this piece?

I have no idea if that's relevant, but it does help clear up a multitude of playback issues.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society