Feature Request: Ability to Position Speedy Entry Crossbar to Desired Pitch w/Modifier Key and MIDI Note from Keyboard

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

PianoWizard
Finale Version: 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by PianoWizard » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:45 am

Maybe there is a way to do this already but when I am using Speedy Entry w/a MIDI keyboard I would like to be able to position the Crossbar via pressing a modifier key on the alpha keyboard and the desired pitch on my MIDI keyboard instead of having to use the Up and Down Arrow keys to move the Crossbar. It would be so much faster to be able to say hit the Shift key and the desired pitch on the keyboard to move the Crossbar to that pitch when needing to modify a note entry. Is this already possible? Thanks for any replies.

Dave

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:55 am

If you want to modify a pitch, put the cursor over the note, play the desired pitch on your MIDI keyboard, and press Enter. If you want to add a note to a chord, though, I don't know how to move the cursor with the MIDI keyboard. You can double-click on the line or space to add a note, though

PianoWizard
Finale Version: 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by PianoWizard » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:34 pm

Thanks for he reply Motet. I am aware of how to add/delete/modify notes once the Crossbar is positioned on the desired note.

I am solely wishing there was a way to position the Crossbar by pressing a note on the MIDI keyboard. Would be so much faster than monkeying around with the up and down arrow keys or clicking with the mouse. Moving the Crossbar is required for a lot of reasons in Speedy entry and I just wish it were possible to say hold down a modifier key (Shift, Option etc.) and play a note on the keyboard to position the Crossbar.

Showing/hiding accidentals, correcting entry errors and getting the Crossbar off a note in chord to affect a tie between all notes of a chord seem to be the main reasons I am moving the Crossbar in real-time frequently when inputting notes w/Speedy Entry.

Dave