My wishlist - workflow helps

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

mcdigger
Finale Version: PC Finale 2011b

Post by mcdigger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 pm

1. After copying music with the Select Tool (or by using Cut / Paste), hit the "T" key (or some other key) to immediately select the area that was pasted to, so it can be edited again without having to grab it. Very useful for longer sections that require two edits or more.

2. A "BRB" (be right back!) button on the toolbar. Click once to activate a temporary bookmark of your current location. It lights up. After looking somewhere else in the score (or copying something from a faraway measure) click BRB again to return there.

3. When entering notes in Speedy with a MIDI keyboard, if I change a chord or note to an enharmonic equivalent, then enter more notes of the same pitches immediately after, I want Finale to have an option to snap to those enharmonics without me having to tell it every time. Extra nice: If I tie over a barline and advance a measure to the right, it remembers for the next measure too.

4. An option to automatically put ties on ALL chord tones when I press the "=" key in Speedy entry. I'm tired of having to move the cursor vertically "out of the way" to avoid having two identical, consecutive chords joined by a single tie.

5. With the selection tool, drag a single lyric syllable with the [Shift] key to attach it to a different note in the staff.

6. On the Lyrics window, separate arrow buttons for Shift Lyrics to quickly toggle between shift right and shift left.

7. When I change Lyric editing tools -- especially to/from Click Assignment -- the cursor in the Lyric box needs to stop jumping somewhere else.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Good ideas!

Note that MakeMusic is not monitoring this forum.

You should contact MakeMusic's Tech Support (via MakeMusic's web site), and make formal feature requests there.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

mcdigger

Post by mcdigger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks! I didn't find a specific feature request page there in the Forums. I'll look again at tech support.

(So why is there one here, exactly? =)

hasseb432
Finale Version: afafa
Operating System: Windows

Post by hasseb432 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:04 am

When using Voice 2 (with another note in voice 1), you cannot tie a note to the next ms. (the tie goes backwards)
This has been the case for years and years. This should be a simple fix. And no, don't tell me to use Layer 2. This needs to work when you have just a partial measure of Voice 2 notes.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

hasseb432 wrote:When using Voice 2 (with another note in voice 1), you cannot tie a note to the next ms. (the tie goes backwards)…
I am unable to duplicate that problem.
In both Voice 1 and Voice 2 I can tie the last note in a measure to the first note in the next measure.

When the Speedy Entry rectangle is in a measure that is tied to the next measure, the tie always goes backwards.
But that is only a display issue.
When you leave the measure, you will see that the tie goes to the next measure all right.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

mcdigger

Post by mcdigger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:45 pm

I've had that problem with the ties too. Right now I'm trying to MAKE it happen and I can't. I've had to add an "overflow note" to the measure at the end of the tie, and then hide it, to get some ties to go to the right.

Fin 2012c - Windows