A4 page size auto slect

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bassbone
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by bassbone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:47 am

I don't live in the US and our normal page size is A4 not legal size. It would be great to be able to set Finale up to always us a certain paper size like A4 where I live.

Thanks in advance
bassbone

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 am

change the page size in your default file...
Finale 2009 and 27/German on Windows 10

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 pm

…and if you use the Document Setup Wizard, then change the page size in the Document Styles.

…and if you use templates, change the page size in your templates.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

bassbone
Finale Version: 2014

Post by bassbone » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks Peter T. I've been doing that but it would be nice to set it up once and it's then the default page size for my finale files. Another Peter S suggested adjusting the default file. How would I do that?

Thanks in advance
bassbone

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:46 am

Open whatever template you use, switch to the Page Layout Tool, and use the Page Layout menu to set the Page Size to A4.
Save and close the template.

1) If you choose
File menu > New > Default Document
then Finale will use the Default Document as a template for your new document.

The folder with the Default Documents is located here (this is for Mac Finale - I suppose that the path is similar for Windows Finale):
(user account)/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 201X/Music Files/Default Files

You can create your own Default Document, and put it in the folder "Default Files".
You can tell Finale to use your document as Finale's Default Document, via Preferences - New.

If you have not specified a Default Document, then Finale will use the template "Maestro Font Default" as its Default Document.

2) If you choose
File menu > New > Document With Setup Wizard…
then Finale will use one of the templates located in the folder "Document Styles".

The folder with the Document Styles is located here (this is for Mac Finale - I suppose that the path…):
(user account)/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 201X/Music Files/Document Styles

3) If you choose
File menu > New > Document From Template…
then Finale will open a directory dialog box showing the contents of the folder "Templates".

The folder with the Templates is located here (this is for Mac Finale - I suppose…):
(user account)/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 201X/Music Files/Templates
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996