Easy Parts

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

hmcabreu

Post by hmcabreu » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:14 am

There is a long time since I work with Finale Software. During these years, this software has changed a lot. Many improvements were made and I appreciate all the changes developed.
I hope that the next product – Finale 2006 – includes the links between score and parts. For example, when we make parts and have to change some things in the score, these changes should be automatically done in the part. This improvement is going to save a lot of time in the preparation of the parts.

Violiniam

Post by Violiniam » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:29 am

I've always thought the same. However, I am certain that there might be some technical issues to be taken care of. Because this can get irritating if you want a make change to just a part and not whole score or vice versa.
Let's see what they would come up with in the future.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:51 pm

hmcabreu wrote:...
I hope that the next product – Finale 2006 – includes the links between score and parts. For example, when we make parts and have to change some things in the score, these changes should be automatically done in the part.
2006b is the latest version, and this feature is not included. It is not unanimously asked for, as there are many cases where the part and the score should be different (as Violiniam points out) : just one example : cue notes are needed in the parts, not in the score...
This makes the whole thing more complicated if you want to keep control of these exceptions.
Last edited by michelp on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:19 pm

...Another complicated problem is the case with a large score where two instrument parts (e. g. Oboe 1 and Oboe 2) are notated in the same staff in the score.
Part extraction is already complicated when you want to extract that staff into two separate instrument parts.
Things become even more complicated if you want to establish linking between score and parts.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996