GPO and chorus sounds

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Maryamity

Post by Maryamity » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:19 pm

I love the sounds of the instruments in the Garritan PO. I would like to combine them with choral sounds but have had no luck in doing that. Will GPO be coming out with chorus samples? Or is there some other way to combine GPO with GM sounds?

Struggler06

Post by Struggler06 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:57 pm

I feel on on the choral wish....still dreaming....I know for a fact that there is a choral library. Created by east west samples. Unfortunately it will set you back about a $1,000 bucks. Garritan hasnt released any news on a choral library. It would be sick though to have GPO Orchestra and a GPO choir. I would never leave my studio. :D

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:38 pm

Now, if we could also have the playback choir sounds actually pronounce the lyrics...

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

jlanier2001

Post by jlanier2001 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:17 pm

I could be patient for the choral sounds but in the mean time, isn't there a problem with using GPO and midi sounds in the same file? I tried setting up a choral score with orchestra. If I use the GPO, the midi choral sounds won't use the midi patch assigned. Perhaps someone out there can tell me I'm just setting it up incorrectly. Has anyone used both GPO and midi sounds successfully in the same file?

Thank you,
Janet

Struggler06

Post by Struggler06 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Peter Thomsen wrote:Now, if we could also have the playback choir sounds actually pronounce the lyrics...

Peter

They actually have been able to do this with the library I'm talking about. Go to www.eastwestsamples.com and check out their symphonic choirs its incredible

Struggler06

Post by Struggler06 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:33 pm

jlanier2001 wrote:I could be patient for the choral sounds but in the mean time, isn't there a problem with using GPO and midi sounds in the same file? I tried setting up a choral score with orchestra. If I use the GPO, the midi choral sounds won't use the midi patch assigned. Perhaps someone out there can tell me I'm just setting it up incorrectly. Has anyone used both GPO and midi sounds successfully in the same file?

Thank you,
Janet
unfortunately this isnt poossible at this time. You can only get one or the other. Midi or GPO you cant have both. But if you get a program like Native Instruments Bandstand(around $200 bucks) then you can use the VSt plug-in and use it that way. Also with that program the GM sounds arent actually all too bad they sound pretty decent. But as far as using both GPO and GM its no t possible with FInale 06, MakeMusic maybe this will be added in 07" not to mention better sounds and VSt controls. I would love to do both my notation and my sequencing off one one program. Now that would put FInale over the edge.