Text Expressions

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Blacklab88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:06 am

I know this has been said before, but please make it easier to change categories in text expressions and have them be universal and not document related.
Since you won't make a search engine, this seems like something you could do. As it is, it's pretty unwieldy.
For example:
While working in document #1, I modified a Text Expression library by adding some edited expressions, moving expressions to other categories, and adding 3 categories. I saved the library at each step. I then closed document #1, and shut down the computer.
The next day, I opened document #2, which had been saved in an earlier version of Finale. I renamed it and saved it. I then loaded the Text Expression library with the same name as the one I had modified the previous day. It did not contain many of the changes I had made, including new categories.
I then re-opened document #1, and loaded the Text Expression library with the same name as the one I had just loaded for document #2.
This library was up to date and contained all the changes I had made the previous day.
??????? I don't understand how this could be, but it is.
I just tested this result by doing the same steps as above, without turning off the computer, and opening the now re-named, re-saved document #2. Same result.
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:00 pm

This is a user forum, and not monitored by Finale. I would suggest that you post feature requests on the Finale forum at https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... ics#finale
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Blacklab88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Thanks, Mike. Will do.
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper