Editing filter active or not

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Koen Pletinckx
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Koen Pletinckx » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello,
I don't know if this was asked before ... Did a search and could not find it, so here is my suggestion :
When editing (copy and so) I switch a lot between "Use Filter" and no filter ... But I always doubt whether my filter is activated or not. So it would be very helpfull if you could see somewhere in the interface the status of your filter. Like at the right bottom where you see "NUM" if it's activated.

Or does anyone know a handy solution for this ?

Greetings from Belgium to all,

Koen Pletinckx

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 pm

You know, of course, that Use Filter will be checked (or not) in the context menu. But if you are working with keyboard shortcuts, then I agree, some indication would be useful.

Go to the "real" Finale forum at https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... ics#finale and use the Submit a Request tab to officially submit your feature request.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.00.18 PM.jpg
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:42 pm

I always use the filter, and have macros for setting various subsets. Every for copying everything, you perhaps don't want to copy staff styles, for example.

Koen Pletinckx
Finale Version: 27

Post by Koen Pletinckx » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:45 am

miker wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 pm
You know, of course, that Use Filter will be checked (or not) in the context menu. But if you are working with keyboard shortcuts, then I agree, some indication would be useful.

Go to the "real" Finale forum at https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... ics#finale and use the Submit a Request tab to officially submit your feature request.
Yes, as you said, I know that it's indicated in the context menu, but when working/editing this is not visible. And as you understood well, for me it should be a great advantage when its status is visible all the time ...

Thanks for your answer, I will post my suggestion in the real Finale forum too.

Kind regards,
Koen