Make the MASS EDIT and the MEASURE tool ONE tool, and more

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

lohr

Post by lohr » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:42 pm

Yes, I'd buy an upgrade just for this feature. The MASS EDIT and MEASURE TOOL should be ONE TOOL. I am SO tired of always hi-liting measures and trying to copy when I'm still in the MEASURE TOOL and I can't do it. What a waste of energy and it is very stupid. (When a person is adding measures, it is often because they have something they want to copy to put in them. . .)! OR...at least have a different hi-lite color. . .

I would like to see two files at one time.

I would like for the LEFT MARGIN to ALWAYS show ALL instrument names in SCROLL VIEW without my having to use the hand grabber and having to drag my music around all the time. . .

I would like to have a MUCH friendlier eraser tool. I don't like your eraser tool - the arrow has to be positioned "just so." Why? Why not have it intuitive according to line. . . I'm always fooling around trying to erase a note in the middle of a chord - good luck.

Now what about the difficulty with the layout for the parts? I really waste a LOT of time on this and swear a lot and sometimes get out the Sibe---- (your competitor) to use instead. You really ought to do something about the layout and the problems with setting up a book. What a headache.

There's got to be a better way of handling ties. I would like to be able to position my mouse with my right hand (entering with my left) and use a RIGHT CLICK to place or remove a tie. Now that would be just the ticket. I want it to be always separate from the note, to add and subtract at will.

I've got more, but that's enough for one night. Hope you make some of these changes. Sure would be nice.

Okay, I admit I didn't upgrade this last time. Personally, you're a little late adding sounds. Many of your users have been down this road a long time, Finale being the only notation/scoring software compatible with Giga. For that, I have loved you.

:wink: :wink:
Speedy Entry