"Learn function" and prper symbols for chords

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

michaelgarding
Operating System: Windows

Post by michaelgarding » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:18 pm

When I type in a chord like C-7b5, first of all, finale should already recognize that chord (WITHOUT the brackets please), but when I do enter the chord, it asks if I want to add to library, which i do. The next time I type C-7b5, I should not have to be asked to add it again. Every time I enter this same chord, I have to go in and change the 'B' to a 'b' for a flat sign. Why, why, why, would you guys choose a capital B for a flat symbol by default? It's been like this since before Finale 2003. To have to scroll through a dialog box to find the right suffix every time I enter the same chord is extremely frustrating, time consuming, and breaks the creative flow when writing music. I think it is a necessity to implement an automatic "learn" function for new chords entered so they can be typed again WITHOUT having to stop, decline the "add suffix to library", click the chord again to complete, open a dialog box, click select, scroll through and find the chord you just added 10 seconds ago, every time one enters the new chord without the brackets. That is my current work flow with Finale and it very frustrating.