Finale Help

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Kurt22

Post by Kurt22 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:05 pm

The Help for Finale is probably one of the most elaborate on the market.
There is IMHO one drawback: I miss a search function. While the index is very detailed it can't bring every reference.
An example: I didn't know how to remoce a page break. Page breaks are dealt with in chapter 35 "page layout tool" (I have a german vesion).
I can see there how to set a page break on page 35-29. And I find the reference to that in the Index.
How to turn it off is described at the begin of this chapter (page 35-3 in my case) and this item is not referenced.
I had to use Adobe Reader so search the dosument. Since this search goes over the hole partition it took about a quarter of an hour, before I had the references.

In other words: A full text search function over the hole lot of documents would be very helpfull.

Yours truely

Kurt22
aka
Kurt W. Graessle
kurt.graessle@switzer.net

at8ax
Finale Version: PC 2014.5, 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by at8ax » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:20 pm

Time to upgrade your Adobe Reader. Search capability is available.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:42 am

I'm using the full version von Acrobat 6.0
Of course you can search but only within a hole partition. Or within the actual dociment. Finale's Help consists of about 40 documents.
There we are.

Or did I overlook soemthing?

Kurt

engelbach
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by engelbach » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:08 pm

Jeez, Kurt, don't you get it?

If the Finale user manual index were more complete and the manual itself covered all the issues, what need would there be for this forum? Coda built the flaws into the manual to promote a sense of community ...
Jerry Engelbach
iMac OSX Catalina, Finale 26, Note Performer 4, Perfect Layout
www.engelbachmusic.com