A Complete Make-Over for Finale 2007

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Fulcanelli
Finale Version: Finale 2009
Operating System: Windows

Post by Fulcanelli » Tue May 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi. I 'm not being a wise guy. I just spent hundreds of dollars on a program that others assured me could do just about anything, including jumping through a flaming hoop with circus music played in 7/4 time in the background.

I have tried a few times to get the hang of this program. It is a nightmare, learning the basics, just enough so I can start using it. Right now the program doesn't even work on one of my computers (blue triangles on the screen) but I see someone else had that problem, too, and I'll have to figure out how to fix it. I don't expect a program this expensive to come out of the box broken.

But my main grip with this program is how user-friendly it is...NOT. Some software makes sense, and is presented to the user in a way that follows the normal paths of thought a user would have when doing specific tasks. Finale feels more like all these features have been added on to a program that started off small, and rather than getting rewritten at a point, just kept growing with more and more tricks added on. I do not doubt that it is an incredible program when someone reaches wizard level but what about us grunts down here that are just trying to get some work done?

I'd love for you to redo the program from the ground up in a way that someone familiar with music could get something productive done with it a few hours rather than having to take a seminar.

The documentation is very poor, or perhaps I am not finding the correct key words to look things up. When I have an issue, and can't find it in the user manual I got with it, my work stops.

Any plans of a make-over?