Pretty Please Add This

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

gdomer80

Post by gdomer80 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi! :D I have a few things to wish for the next Finale (2008...?). Here goes:

1. PLEASE, explain some of the problems that might come up. There is no "What if..." section in the Finale 2007 manual.

2. MORE GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA SOUNDS!!! I do not want to keep using SmartMusic SoftSynth just because Garritan doesn't have the instruments I want. SoftSynth is okay, but Garritan is better. Add things like cymbals and chimes.

3. Make sure that all the instruments have the right playback sounds to go with them. It drove me crazy :shock: assigning the closest playback sounds I could find to the real thing to the instruments with not-as-real sounds on them. But that may have just been the SoftSynth.

4. Could you please just speed the whole program up? Entering notes takes a long time. And not just entering notes, but things like adding staffs and changing clefs.

5. Fix any bugs the software might have.

These are the things I'd like to have fixed in the next Finale. If you could pretty please do all the things I've asked, it will make me very happy. :D
Thank you very much![/list]

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:47 pm

Features of the now available Finale 2008 are listed here : http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/preview.aspx.
More Garritan sounds included.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua