midi controller for non-note messages

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

composertk

Post by composertk » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm wondering whether I missed this one or it's not implemented yet. I use a MacBook Pro and a portable external MIDI keyboard (Edirol PCR-1). Speedy entry is my way of input (therefore it's a pain in MacBook Pro, which doesn't have numeric keypad) so I would like to see that the shortcuts be reassigned to MIDI messages, in addition to qwerty keystrokes. That way, I can quickly input notes solely on my MIDI keyboards.

I also have other surface controller which comes with a jog wheel. Perhaps navigation with MIDI messages would also be a useful feature for people?

Thanks for the great product.

nslhrn

Post by nslhrn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:53 am

Get a free midi utility called Midistroke.

Great little program it will convert notes, CC or any midi signal into keyboard strokes.

Let me know how it works for you. I know this is late but maybe it will help the next person attempting to do the same.

composertk

Post by composertk » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Thank you very much. It works for me. (Except for I can't call out it's Preference page -- any OS 10.5.6 users experiencing the same problem?)

For Windows users out there, there is a free version of MIDI Translator http://www.bome.com/midi/translator that does the same job.

By the way, is this the official forum for me to give feedback to Finale? Do they come and check out messages here?

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm

composertk wrote:...By the way, is this the official forum for me to give feedback to Finale? Do they come and check out messages here?
I don't think that the good folks at MakeMusic check out messages here.

To make a feature request, go to MakeMusic's web site, and go to
Support > Contacts > Technical support
and submit a question (= feature request) online.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996