viewing the whole score during Playback!

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

danielo

Post by danielo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:39 pm

As anybody who uses Finale may already have noticed, one of the biggest disadvantages of this program, is ability to view the whole score during playback. I think its great competitor ( I mean Sibelius) has a very huge advantage on this case.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Why would you want to view an entire score at once? I would think that a long score would be reduced so much, that you wouldn't see anything but the green line moving.
If you want to view a single page, that's easy enough, by reducing the view. Then, you can see your page, and recognize where the score is playing.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

peterqd
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520
Operating System: Windows

Post by peterqd » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm

miker wrote:Why would you want to ......
That's exactly the kind of response you get when you ask Sibelius support how to do something unusual. ;)

Anyway, this feature has been available in Finale for many years. In page view, click on View > Show Multiple Pages and zoom out (Ctrl -) so you can see all the pages at once. But as you say, any more than 2 pages and the music will be too small to read.

danielo

Post by danielo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 am

My apologies but I think there’s been a misunderstanding!!!:!: ; I know these so called capabilities of finale!!
But I meant the ability to scroll a score from top to bottom during playback!!
Does anybody know how to do this in finale? Unless perhaps you don’t think this capability of Sibelius as a kind of advantage!!