Intensity of black and colours

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Victor_Andrini

Post by Victor_Andrini » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 am

It would be very interesting to have:

- possibility to modify the intensity of the black of staff, clef,.... In printing, for example, it would be nice to have a dark gray for the staff and black for noteheads. Like two layers in Photoshop!

-possibility to modify not only the colour of noteheads, but also stems, slurs, crescendo, decrescendo

bye

Victor

andyjazzz7

Post by andyjazzz7 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 am

Victor_Andrini wrote:It would be very interesting to have:

- possibility to modify the intensity of the black of staff, clef,.... In printing, for example, it would be nice to have a dark gray for the staff and black for noteheads. Like two layers in Photoshop!

-possibility to modify not only the colour of noteheads, but also stems, slurs, crescendo, decrescendo

bye

Victor
i was just thinking of Photoshop to quick at glance..

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:52 am

Actually, this is already possible - with the workaround that you combine Finale with another program:

From Finale, "print" to a PDF file (or a PostScript file).

Open the PDF file in a vector graphics editor, and edit the colour of the individual elements.

You can use a free program, like Inkscape, or a commercial program, like Adobe Illustrator.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

Victor_Andrini

Post by Victor_Andrini » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:08 am

I was just trying with illustrator, even if it is not so simple, I never used it. I found out that the program recognize every point of a linear element: I can move, for example, a clef completely out from the staff, and so on...
I have to spend some time on it. Do you think that Inkscape it's easier to start with?

The problem of working with 2 programs is that you can't modify your score after working the pdf with the graphic editor, and so you are forced to work on "graphic" aspects only at the end of the work. It's a pity!

kenethh7

Post by kenethh7 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:30 am

Peter Thomsen wrote:Actually, this is already possible - with the workaround that you combine Finale with another program:

From Finale, "print" to a PDF file (or a PostScript file).

Open the PDF file in a vector graphics editor, and edit the colour of the individual elements.

You can use a free program, like Inkscape, or a commercial program, like Adobe Illustrator.
Its only good if its possibility to modify not only the colour of noteheads, but also stems, slurs, crescendo, decrescendo