Repeat last action shortcut

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

JCheyne
Finale Version: 2014d
Operating System: Mac

Post by JCheyne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I would like to see a "Repeat last action" shortcut.

For example:
I'm working on a score in 2/4 time. I would like all eighth note passages to be beamed together by the half-note, but I would like all sixteenth note passages to be beamed by quarter-note.

Currently (Finale 2010), for each set of measures I select, I have to mouse over to the Utilities menu, scroll down to "Rebeam," select "Rebeam Music" or "Rebeam to Time Signature," then confirm my choice. In an orchestral score, each measure can have a variety of rhythms that do not all conform to one style of beaming.

One keyboard shortcut should be able to do this for me. (There is no setting for this in the Edit Filter, where I'd expect it.)

In a broader context, it would be nice to have a "whatever-I-did-in-that-last-measure-I'd-like-to-do-in-this-one" keyboard shortcut. This could apply to anything: note spacing, transposition, beaming, articutlations, etc. A universal "do it again."

Photoshop does this for its filters. It works like this: select an area of the picture, select a type of filter, adjust the filter, apply the filter. Then, if you select another area of the picture, you have an option of applying the filter you've just used, with the same settings. What a time-saver!