Trombone one sounds different pitch

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Timothy98
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by Timothy98 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi
I'm writing a piece for orchestra and the playback has worked all fine until now, when the stupid Trombone 1 sounds a fourth lower than all the other instruments.
It starts with C in all instruments. The note in the trombone 1 part is also a C but it sounds like a G! HOW?
I'm getting really frustrated here.
Earlier the trombone 1 sounded like a trumpet but not anymore. Now a stupid fourth lower.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Sun May 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.

The first thing to try is restarting the computer. If that doesn't help, we would need to see the file.

Please post the file, so we can have a look at it. In order to post a file on this forum, it must be compressed (zipped) and the total size must be under 100KB.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

dgatwood
Finale Version: 2012

Post by dgatwood » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:56 am

Timothy98 wrote:Hi
I'm writing a piece for orchestra and the playback has worked all fine until now, when the stupid Trombone 1 sounds a fourth lower than all the other instruments.
It starts with C in all instruments. The note in the trombone 1 part is also a C but it sounds like a G! HOW?
I'm getting really frustrated here.
Earlier the trombone 1 sounded like a trumpet but not anymore. Now a stupid fourth lower.
Stuck F rotor? :D

But seriously.... Is it that way from the beginning of the file? Are you sure you didn't set it up that track as a transposing instrument either in the staff settings or using a staff style? Failing that, there could be an errant pitch bend MIDI command in there.