Sound Files

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jamesadrian
Finale Version: 25.4.0.155
Operating System: Mac

Post by jamesadrian » Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 pm

I posted this in "playback Issues:

----------------------
I stopped using Finale last year because I was writing music that required control over vibrato and tremolo. There was no playback sound that could sustain a note for two measures without either effect.

Has this changed?

I had hoped to be able to introduce each of these independently and to a controllable degree. That is essential also. Is that in the works?

I was told that violins were recorded as they are played by musicians. It would seem easy enough to capture one wavelength of an instrument, perhaps in each octave or so, to add to the instrument list. After that, vibrato and tremolo could be added by additional functions. Does anybody care about this?

Thank you for your help.
----------------------

There was only one reply that said that it was not a Finale issue but a playback file issue. I have not been able to find a section in the forum for that.

Can you help me proceed?

Jim Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Jim,
I believe that what the reply meant, was that it is not a Finale issue, as such. Finale uses Garritan Instruments for Finale, often referred to as GIFF. You will need to find a sound file, containing the elements you need. I would start with a web search. You might also look at some of the forums for DAW users, and see if anyone there can help you.

Once you find the proper sounds, then you can see if they are useable in Finale.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

jamesadrian
Finale Version: 25.4.0.155

Post by jamesadrian » Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 pm

miker wrote:Jim,
I believe that what the reply meant, was that it is not a Finale issue, as such. Finale uses Garritan Instruments for Finale, often referred to as GIFF. You will need to find a sound file, containing the elements you need. I would start with a web search. You might also look at some of the forums for DAW users, and see if anyone there can help you.

Once you find the proper sounds, then you can see if they are useable in Finale.
----------------------

Thank you for this very valuable answer.

Jim Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com
Jim Adrian
Finale 27
Mac OS version 10.13.6