problem exporting text fonts

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

CChamp27
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by CChamp27 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:38 am

Hello!

I have a new problem that has popped up in my Finale (have been using the same version Finale 25 for several projects in a row.) Suddenly, Finale will not export PDF or print PDF any text font other than Times New Roman. Attached is an example of what happens if I try to use Adobe Devanagari or Minion Pro or anything else for text and then try to create a PDF (it all displays properly inside Finale; problem arises when PDF is created.)

Oddly, I use Bravura font for some exotic accidentals and articulations, yet that exports with no problem at all! It seems my Finale has lost the ability to export only the words of any font other than Times New Roman. Thank you for your considerate assistance!!

So far, I have tried re-doing the piece in a brand new file, but that did not change the problem.

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Thu May 24, 2018 5:59 am

Is that Finale's own Graphics Export, or some other PDF creation software?

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Thu May 24, 2018 1:19 pm

You might want to attach a short Finale file (only the measures shown in the screenshot) so that others can see if they get the same or different results.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3