Reset fonts in a file

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

OCTO
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by OCTO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello.
I have a file that is created with numerous custom fonts. It is impossible for me to know which was used for which item (and they are many!).
As earlier said, how can I list all fonts, and swap all chosen fonts with another ones?
Windows 10, v25.

Thank you.
www.notat.io - A Forum devoted to the Practice of Music Notation

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:58 pm

As I answered in your previous discussion, on Macintosh the "File Info" pane lists all fonts used in a file (click the file icon and press Command/I). I don't know whether Windows has the same functionality. Do you have access to a Mac so you can just open a file to get a look? So far as what to do now, here's what I'd do:

√ Make up new, empty Expression categories for each new font you want to use. Be sure to specify the font and size in the Edit Category window.
√ Go through the existing categories and move each expression to its new category. Use the "Move To" drop down menu. This might take some time going one by one.
√ In the newly added categories, select all of the newly moved expressions and use the "Reset to Category…" drop down to reset to the new category's font.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3