anacrusis not playing on repeat

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Florio60
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Florio60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:38 pm

I have a piece in binary form, 6/8 metre, with a quaver upbeat. Upon playback, the opening is fine until the first section is repeated, when the quaver upbeat is for some reason just not heard.No problems with the second section which also has a quaver upbeat; this plays without problems also when repeated.

I cannot work out what is happening, and have tried substituting the quaver upbeats with full bars of 6/8 time with a quaver on the last beat, and then using first and second time bars at the end of the sections. But the result is the same. Any ideas??

Florio

P.S. I don't know whether this is related or not, but I have converted the Finale document to a WAV. file, and the latter contains various things (like an extra bar) which I had removed from the original. It's almost as if the Finale file isn't being updated or that changes aren't being saved.
Finale 2014.5
Windows 11

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Can you post the file so we can have a look at it?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Florio60
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Florio60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 pm

I now seem to have solved the problem, miker, or at least to have got around it. I copied and pasted the first section rather than using the repeat sign, and I also updated the layout.

Thanks for your interest. :)
Finale 2014.5
Windows 11