Audio Units No Longer Work (???)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Xigwon
Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Xigwon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 am

Hello!

I've got three issues with playback:

(1) My audio units don't always play. They only play for certain instruments in my project, and it seems to randomly pick which ones it will work on. So I've been having to use MIDI to make sure I actually hear everything that's in the score. This has never happened to me before this year.

(2) When I playback a one-note roll on the Gong it sounds like someone is repeatedly hitting two wood blocks together, instead of sounding like a soft mallet roll on a gong (I am using "Large Gong"; the roll is three lines - macro key 8).

(3) Normally I can plug in a MIDI keyboard, input a note to any staff to load the sound of that instrument, and then hit "escape" to play on the keyboard freely without inputting notes somewhere in the score. Today this doesn't work—no sound at all once I hit escape. Playing on the keyboard only makes sound if it is inputting notes into the score. Once I hit escape so that I can do some experimenting/improvising, the keyboard no longer makes sound.

Ask me anything; I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to get these fixed.

I use Finale 26.0.1.706 on a Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with Mojave 10.14.1 and 16 GB ram.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 am

Xigwon wrote:This has never happened to me before this year.
Ask yourself what has changed on your system. Something must be causing it besides the new year. :-)

Xigwon
Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Xigwon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

motet wrote:
Xigwon wrote:This has never happened to me before this year.
Ask yourself what has changed on your system. Something must be causing it besides the new year. :-)
I have Mojave now. That's the only difference I can think of.