Jazz Articulation

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Deacon Don
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Deacon Don » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm using JABB. The basic articulations are working. The "falls" aren't working.
Is there a trick or procedure to go through. Doesn't work for the acoustic
bass, either.

HELP!

Edited.
I tried to add a photo of the articulation but failed.
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10

Deacon Don

Post by Deacon Don » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 am

How about this, then.

What steps are needed to adjust the articulations? Can somebody kindly assist?

Thanx in advance!
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:42 am

I am no expert in that department, but perhaps look at the Playback Controls and click the little triangle and test each Human Playback style and see if one or more of those styles makes it work. Perhaps also try finger poking the HP Preferences which can be accessed on the Playback Controls. Good luck! Someone else here may chime in with a better answer....

Cheers,
Hector.

Deacon Don

Post by Deacon Don » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Hector Pascal wrote: I am no expert in that department, but perhaps look at the Playback Controls and click
the little triangle and test each Human Playback style and see if one or more of those
styles makes it work. Perhaps also try finger poking the HP Preferences which can be
accessed on the Playback Controls. Good luck! Someone else here may chime in with a
better answer...

Cheers,
Hector.
Thanx, Hector. Some styles certainly work better than others and some I can't tell the
difference. I'll look a little harder at the playback controls. There may be something
that's being over looked.

My main desire is to learn how the instruments were tweaked on the link I shared. It
sounds like a real band. The next thing is to be able to produce a "Billy May Scoop" and
the "Count Basie" lead alto gliss. As I mentioned, my scoops and glisses sound like a
kazoo LOL!

Don
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:34 pm

You didn't post a link to any audio that I could see. I'd suggest you attempt to contact the person who made this audio and ask them what they used to get the impressive results. Very likely it's not Finale.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3