EWQLSO Issue strikes again

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

MiguelChavarin
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by MiguelChavarin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 am

So, a few years back, before Finale conversion to 64 bit, there was (and still is, more of that in a sec) the issue of Finale crashing due to overload with EWQLSO libraries loaded in VSL due to it being 32 bit and bla bla.

This was apparentl solved by 64bit conversion. Apparently

Today, after having bought EWQLSO Silver (I'm freaking poor, can't afford Hollywood Orchestra) and trying to do the linking with Finale 25.4 Windows, BAM, program crashed. Tried connecting everyway possible but still crash. My computer isn't exactly a laptop. I have checked FInale on task manager and shows 64bit. I have 16bit ram (No SSD though). I really love FInale's options such as technique linking to key changes in Play's interface, but this drives me nuts. Any advice? Or should I consider alternatives?

Bill Reed
Finale Version: 25.2

Post by Bill Reed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 pm

I's difficult to help with the information you've given. Try to go step by step to where the "crash" happens. Also, what do you mean by crash?

How much RAM? What version of Play?

Rest assured that it does work once everything is setup properly.
Finale 25, Overture, Sibelius, Notion, Cubase, StaffPad
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190

MiguelChavarin

Post by MiguelChavarin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Ok, here we go:
I open Finale, then proceed to put a random ensamble (For testing only) like a String quartet. I open VST banks and effects and proceed to change a bank device from Garritan Instruments to Play. Program stops responding and eventually closes altogether. Same thing happens with score manager: I try to change device and the moment I press on Play it stops responding and crashes after a few minutes.

I'm no computer expert myself but my "Performance" values indicate that no more than 5.2 GB are used in total, out of my 16 GB RAM. I use PLAY 5.0.6.

Tried reset, then whole procedure again. Nothing. Chrome is of course not open while I try this (Damn RAM eater).

Thanks in advance

Bill Reed
Finale Version: 25.2

Post by Bill Reed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Are you able to use Play standalone, rather than in Finale?
Finale 25, Overture, Sibelius, Notion, Cubase, StaffPad
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190

MiguelChavarin

Post by MiguelChavarin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Totally. Play Standalone runs smoothly with my keyboard. I've tested everything (but I'm not a very capable pianist). Finale also runs smoothly when separated. The issue comes only when I try to get the deviced switched to Play. Also should mention that it worked the first couple of times. Finale then started acting strange, just closing after adding the second of third instrument. Now it won't open Play in Finale at all. Standalone both work fine, though.

MiguelChavarin

Post by MiguelChavarin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Problem was with PLAY. Fixed now

shimektl
Finale Version: 26

Post by shimektl » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:49 am

Please elaborate. What did you change in Play that fixed the problem? I'm having the same issue.