I dont know what i did, can you help me figure it out?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

joeyfarish
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Windows

Post by joeyfarish » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm

I'm making educational worksheets. I've somehow managed to have have 3 bars who's notes are hidden. I cannot unhide them using the normal method pressing "H". I have messed around a lot with the "measure tool" and the "system tool" as i have been needing to move around systems and make them oriented for a worksheet. there are options there that make it look like i maybe just checked a wrong box that permanently hides notes, but i have not been able to fix this problem going through either tool... i somehow managed to unhide the middle measue, but i didnt even have that measure selected when it changed and i was in the system tool interface for the previous measure... i have absolutely no idea what i did lol. has anyone here had something similar like this happen? i feel like maybe its just a bug because im having some weird buggy issues with this specific page... i dont wanna have to redo it though.

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Did you apply a Staff Style to those bars? There's one for hiding notes. Remove the Style if that is the case.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27

Post by Peter S. » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

For me this sounds as if there are too many notes in a bar before these 3 bars... Can you check that?

Peter
Finale 2009 and 27/German on Windows 10

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Click on View > Show > Hidden Notes. If you have too many notes in a measure that overflow into the next one, use Speedy Entry to move them into the target measure, where you can erase the extras.