Finale Forum Store | Buy Sheet Music

Hihat plugin

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: miker, Peter Thomsen

Hihat plugin

Postby geleybou » Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello,

I written a drumset part using the regular finale inputs for playback. The notehead is the same for an open hi-hat and a closed hi-hat sound. Before I go through the part and manually add in the open and closed articulations for the hi-hat, I am wondering if there is a plugin that will do this work for me? It seems rather tedious to put that infomation in there manually when it already exists somewhere in the program.

Thanks,
geleybou

Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Windows

Re: Hihat plugin

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Re: Hihat plugin

Postby Peter Thomsen » Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm

geleybou wrote:… It seems rather tedious to put that information in there manually when it already exists somewhere in the program …

If I understand you correctly, your words “it already exists somewhere in the program” mean that the playback is correct, with “open hi-hat and a closed hi-hat sound” - right?

I do not know whether there is a plug-in that can attach articulations to all occurrences of a specific MIDI note, sorry.

Perhaps another forum member will chime in here (?)

However, there is another option:
Instead of adding the {open hi-hat/closed hi-hat} info as articulations you could use two different noteheads, one notehead for open hi-hat, and another notehead for closed hi-hat.
This is just a matter of editing the Percussion Layout.
Finale v26, Mac OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra), Finale user since 1996
Peter Thomsen

Finale Version: Finale v26
Operating System: Mac