Logic 8 and Finale Jazz font issue

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

gazork

Post by gazork » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:31 pm

I have been using Logic for years for notation. It locks to audio easily (I can reclock to track the audio) and that is a valuable feature when adding strings to a live track for example. I'm not sure if Finale can do that...

However last year I upgraded to Finale (2007) in order to publish a book.

Upon installing Finale my Logic display was corrupted - Logic seems fussy in implementing the Jazz Font which I use exclusively. So I immediately deinstalled Finale. Finale support was understandably unable to help me since they are experts in Finale only.

Does anyone know how to configure the fonts (i.e. where to put them - they appear in both system and user libraries) so that both Finale and Logic can use Jazz Font?

Thank you

Bruce
Bruce
Bruce@BruceCassidyMusic.com
Finale 2011, MacPro, Quad-Core Intel Xeon,2.8 GHz OS 10.6.4

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 am

gazork wrote:I have been using Logic for years for notation. It locks to audio easily (I can reclock to track the audio) and that is a valuable feature when adding strings to a live track for example. I'm not sure if Finale can do that...
That's a new feature since version 2008. Use the menu item "View->Studio view".
You can import a stereo audio track into Finale, then if needed, you can enter the tempo manually with "Tempo tap" , a special track which allows you to sync to the audio.
Still a bit rudimentary, but it works and as you said, it is a must for arrangers.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

gazork

Post by gazork » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 am

I have solved the problem by discarding all old Jazz Font files of the Postscript type.
Logic Jazz Font now works the same as always and Finale sees Jazz Font and saves correctly to pdf.
Bruce
Bruce@BruceCassidyMusic.com
Finale 2011, MacPro, Quad-Core Intel Xeon,2.8 GHz OS 10.6.4